Monday, September 24, 2007

catching up

Well, I have been absent from blogging for quite some time. Work has kept me very busy, and I absolutely love it. Today I finalized my travel; I booked my flights and I can't believe all of the places I get to go...and all of the responsibility I will have while I am traveling. I still feel like the new kid in the company, even though I already play a major role. I'm the youngest, but no longer the newest. The CEO & COO finally got their assistant, so she has taken over the newbie roll....although she has already stepped in as if she has been there since the beginning. But anyway, I get to go to Dallas, Denver, Nashville, Atlanta, & Cleveland as well as two of our St. Louis shows. We have started to get all of the new jewelry in, and it is just beautiful. I cannot wait to borrow some....god knows I can't afford most of it.

A looonnnnnggggg while back Amy had tagged me in a little post she had done. The object was to spell out your first and middle name and then list a fact about yourself according to each letter. I figure a lil self-reflecting never hurt, so I am finally giving it a whirl...

A - Athletic. I am so glad I got this gene. Sports have played such a large role in my life. I think every bone in my body is competitive, and I like it that way.
L - Lucky. I have had an amazing life. I have been blessed with a wonderful family, amazing opportunities, and friends that I will keep close the rest of my life.
L - Lively. I think I'm a pretty spunky girl. Lately my life has been go, go, go; but I like it that way. I would much rather be too busy than bored out of my mind.
I - Independent. For a while of my life, I had lost that part of me. I forgot how important it was, and pushed that need aside, but I have learned. I value that lesson and vow to never make the mistake again.
S -Sassy. I like to add a lil spice in my life. I know how to have a good time, and sometimes a lil sassiness makes life better.
S - Stubborn. I am a Taurus through and through. Enough said.
A - Ambitious. I have always held myself to a high standard, and I always expected more out of myself than anyone else did. Yes, that makes me a lil more self-critical than I probably should be, but I know how to push myself when needed.

M - Mixologist (aka a professional way to state bartender). Although its not my job anymore, and hopefully won't ever have to be again, I still like to think I can make a mean drink. At a party, I can create bliss out of whatever ingredients we have available...I say its magic :)
A - Artsy...well not really; creative is really what I want to use, but I don't have a 'C' in my name. My creativity comes out in all sorts of ways--decorating, fashion, makeup, crafty stuff. I like to let my mind just go.
R - Random. In college, this word described me to a 'T.' All of my friends used to say how random I was because of all of the crazy stuff that would come out of my mouth. I guess I am able to find the fun in any situation...and those kind of people are the most fun in life...so I really like this part about me.
I - Intelligent. I am proud of my smarts and I have decided that whomever I chose someday to spend my life with must have some smarts as well. Stimulating conversation is wonderful!
E - Emotional. I think this is a good thing. I am very in touch with my feelings. I show my emotions and don't hide my true feelings from others, or myself for that matter.

Thanks, Amy, for tagging me. That was fun!

Other than that, I have just been having fun with my girls. All of my lovely sigma sisters keep getting engaged, so its giving us lots of excuses to get together. I'm thinking I may make another trip to Springfield this weekend to see my Hannah. Some of our friends are having an 80's theme party on Saturday...some of the most fun people I know. It could be an interesting evening....And I always try to see Amy when I'm down there....that is when she's not at the lake :)

2 comments:

the scrappy chic said...

Hey girl! Thanks for playing along:) I enjoyed reading about you. Maybe we will get to hook up this weekend!!! I don't really know what our plans are. Let me know what you have going on.

the scrappy chic said...

Hey girl! I just wanted you to know how good it was to see you. Hope you had a safe trip back to stl!!!