Friday, August 10, 2007

The Single Life

You know, I have never been happier being single. I am really enjoying and appreciating all the time I have for myself. I can do what I want when I want without having to consider someone else's feelings. It may sound a little selfish, but it is just where I am right now.

I have found one problem in my single status though. ALL OF MY FRIENDS ARE GETTING MARRIED. I'm not sad or upset about being the "single one." That doesn't bother me at all. What sucks is that since they are getting married, I need to find a date to their wedding. It's not that I have to, but if I don't, I become "the girl with no date." I either end up sitting on the sidelines when everyone does the couple thing, or I become the girl that steals everyone's date and no one likes that girl. And finding a date is not such an easy task when you are single and plan on staying that way.....you have to bring someone that either knows most of the people or is so extroverted that you aren't required to babysit.

So far I haven't found that person, so for the next few weddings, it looks like I am gonna be on my own...good thing I am happy being single :)

1 comment:

the scrappy chic said...

Enjoy it Allissa! Be selfish, and just take care of you! I hope your job is going well!!!